Trestle Tan to return to Kuala Lumpur to fight Park Dae Sung at ‘ONE: Pursuit of Power’



On June 13, 2018, Trestle “Jun Minion” Tan, 33, of Cebu City, Philippines will return to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia for his fourth ONE Championship outing. This will be the Filipino mixed martial artist’s first bout since his loss to Agilan “Alligator” Thani at “ONE: Unbreakable Warriors” at the Stadium Negara in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on September 2, 2016.

For Tan’s comeback in ONE Championship, he will face a stiff challenge in “Crazy Dog” Park Dae Sung, 25, of Seoul, South Korea. The latter is coming off a first-round stoppage victory over Japan’s Kimihiro Eto in “Rich Franklin’s ONE Warrior Series” Season 1 finale on March 31, 2018.

Park won six of his last seven outings since an anticlimactic no contest outcome in his encounter with Matt Te Paa, 36, of New Zealand at “PRO FC 8” on August 4, 2013 in Taipei, Taiwan. One of the Korean fighter’s recent victories is a split decision win over grizzled Hong Kong-based Brazilian veteran Rodrigo Caporal, 35, at “Road FC 3” on February 11, 2017.

"It is a good match-up for me,” Tan said of his upcoming fight against Park. “I am really looking forward to the fight, and I have been working more on my footwork and speed.”

“I am also working on my striking to set up for a takedown and submission,” Tan said. “I have been drilling the same setup until I perfect the timing and technique.”

Tan stressed that he has spent numerous hours of grinding in the gym with his training partners and is appreciative for guiding him through his preparation for his first match in roughly two years. He admitted, “It took me some time to get in shape and also overcome the emotional stuff.”

“I have been in a good shape since then,” the Filipino fighter added. “It's an amazing journey so far, and I am glad that I have my coaches and teammates helping me along the way as I try to get back to where I left before.”

There is plenty of pressure on Tan’s shoulders, and his response is to work tirelessly to ensure that he would not disappoint the people who supported him once he steps inside the cage again. With a good team behind him for his comeback, he said, “I am excited and ready to get the win.”

Meanwhile, watch the bout between Tan and Thani here:


For more updates on ONE Championship, please visit www.onefc.com, follow us on Twitter and Instagram @ONEChampionship, and like us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/ONEChampionship. ​

Comments

Popular Posts